- Secure and encrypted payment processing
- We ship to over 40 countries including the USA, UK, Europe, Australia and Japan
- Guaranteed refund or reship if you haven't received your order
Barviton Injection is indicated in:
Neurology. For the treatment of various forms of cerebrovascular pathology: a condition after suffering a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), vertebrobasilar insufficiency, vascular dementia, cerebral atherosclerosis, post-traumatic and hypertensive encephalopathy. Helps to weaken mental and neurological symptoms in cerebrovascular pathology.
Ophthalmology. For the treatment of chronic vascular pathology of the choroid (choroid) and the retina (e.g., thrombosis, obstruction of the central artery or retinal vein).
Otorhinolaryngology. For the treatment of senile hearing loss in acute vascular pathology, toxic (drug) damage or a lesion of a different nature (idiopathic due to noise exposure), Menieres disease and tinnitus.
Active ingredient: vinpocetine;
1 ml of solution contains - 5 mg of vinpocetine;
Excipients: ascorbic acid, sodium metabisulfite (E 223), tartaric acid, benzyl alcohol, sorbitol (E 420), water for injection.
The acute phase of hemorrhagic cerebral stroke, severe coronary heart disease, severe forms of arrhythmia.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
Mode of application
Use only intravenously in the form of a slow drip infusion (the infusion rate should not exceed 80 drops / minute).
It is forbidden to administer the drug subcutaneously, intramuscularly and intravenously in a concentrated form.
The initial daily dose for adults is usually 20 mg in a 500 ml infusion solution. This dose can be increased to 1 mg / kg body weight per day for 2-3 days, depending on the patients tolerance to the drug.
The average duration of the course of therapy is 10-14 days, the usual daily dose is 50 mg / day (50 mg in 500 ml of solution for infusion) - based on a body weight of 70 kg.
After completing the course of infusion therapy, it is recommended that the patient continue therapy with Vinpocetine in tablet form.
Barviton injection can be diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride solution or glucose-containing infusion solutions. The finished solution of Barviton must be used within 3 hours after preparation.
Patients with kidney or liver disease do not need dose adjustment.
During pregnancy or lactation, the use of the drug is contraindicated.
Do not use the drug in children.
There are no data on the effect of the drug on the ability to drive a car or work with other mechanisms. However, with the development of side effects such as dizziness, weakness, or other disorders of the central nervous system, it is recommended to refrain from such activities.
No cases of overdose were noted.
Based on literature data, the administration of the drug at a dose of 1 mg / kg body weight can be considered safe. Since there is still no data on the use of the drug in doses exceeding this dose, administration of the drug in higher doses is not allowed.
With an overdose of the drug are possible: arterial hypotension, lethargy, nausea, vomiting.
The treatment is symptomatic.
- From the blood and lymphatic systems: thrombocytopenia, red blood cell agglutination; anemia.
- From the immune system: hypersensitivity.
- Metabolism, metabolism: hypercholesterolemia, diabetes mellitus; anorexia.
- Mental disorders: euphoria, anxiety, agitation; depression.
- From the nervous system and sensory organs: headache, dizziness, hemiparesis, drowsiness; tremor, loss of consciousness, state before loss of consciousness, weakness, sensation of heat.
- From the side of the organs of vision: hyphema, hyperopia, decreased visual acuity, myopia; conjunctival hyperemia, edema of the optic nerve, diplopia.
- On the part of the hearing organs and vestibular apparatus: hearing impairment, hyperacusis, hypoacusia, vertigo; noise in ears.
- From the side of the heart: ischemia / myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, arrhythmia, bradycardia, tachycardia, extrasystole, palpitations; heart failure, atrial fibrillation.
- From the vascular system: arterial hypotension, arterial hypertension, hot flashes; fluctuations in blood pressure, thrombophlebitis, venous insufficiency.
- From the digestive tract: discomfort in the abdomen, dry mouth, nausea; vomiting, hypersecretion of saliva.
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous tissue: erythema, hyperhidrosis, urticaria; itching, dermatitis.
- General disorders: sensation of heat; asthenia, chest discomfort, inflammation, thrombosis at the injection site.
During clinical studies with the simultaneous use of vinpocetine with β-blockers (cloranolol, pindolol), clopamide, glibenclamide, digoxin, acenocoumarol or hydrochlorothiazide, no interaction between these drugs was detected. In isolated cases, some additional effect was observed with the simultaneous use of vinpocetine and α-methyldopa, therefore, against the background of the use of this combination of drugs, regular monitoring of blood pressure is necessary.
Despite the lack of clinical trial data confirming the possibility of interaction, caution is advised while prescribing vinpocetine with drugs that affect the central nervous system, antiarrhythmic, anticoagulant and fibrinolytic agents.
Keep out of reach of children in the original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.